Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Ventura County
POSITION: Water & Wastewater Electrical Mechanical Worker
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No specific certifications required
JOB SUMMARY: The Water Wastewater Electrical Mechanical Worker is a journey level position with general supervision from assigned Supervisor and/or Manager. This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and mechanical systems, machinery and equipment of the Water Distribution and Wastewater Treatment Systems.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
- Install, maintain and repair pumps, motors, motor control centers, valves, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, compressors and combustion engines
- May have to fabricate parts and repair equipment using machine tools, such as a lathe, shaper, drill press, mill, etc. and welding equipment
- Install, maintain and repair equipment based upon mechanical schematics or electrical diagrams
- Troubleshoot and repair voltage equipment with currents ranging from 110 to 480; on occasion troubleshoot and repair voltage equipment with currents up to 4160 volts
- Install, maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems; test and maintain electric motors, variable frequency drives, as well as alarm and control systems for proper working condition
- Install electrical conduit and wiring for power, controls, lighting and similar applications
- Operate electrical and mechanical testing instruments including volt/ohm meters, meggars, I.C. tester, dial indicators, micrometers, thickness gauges, process meters, as well as gas and arc welding equipment
- Operate heavy equipment as necessary such as cranes, boom trucks, vacuum trucks, vactor and hydro trucks, hoist, and various hand tools while performing maintenance and repairs; assist on the collection systems crew as necessary
- Prepare time and equipment reports and records of work performed
- Evaluates equipment failure and determines necessary corrective action in daily and call-out emergency repair
- Assists other staff in performance of technical duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum two years of experience preforming electrical and mechanical repairs and installation of systems with electrical voltage ranging from 480 volts to 4160 volts
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
OTS Employee Name: David Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: (424) 285-0051
OTS Employee Email: email@example.com