Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Ventura County
POSITION: Water Treatment Operator 4
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade 4 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate issued by SWRCB
JOB SUMMARY: The Water Treatment Operator 4 is an advanced journey level position and reports to designated Supervisor and/or Manager. This position is responsible for the operation of assigned facilities and resolution of routine operational problems; assignments may vary but can include one large or multiple smaller plants. W Treatment Operator 4 is expected to perform the most complex operation and maintenance activities as allowed by their certification. W Treatment Operator 4 will provide training and direction to Water and Wastewater personnel, as necessary.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
- Operate one large or several small treatment facilities with varying processes; this can include sequencing batch reactors, sand filtration, activated sludge, aerobic and anaerobic digestion, and water reclamation
- Operate, service, lubricate, adjust and/or clean pumps, plunger pump, D.O. probe, comminuting devices, sulfide oxidation process (SOP) systems, generators, pumps, digesters, boilers, oxidation ponds, bio filtration facilities, percolation beds, and activated sludge processes
- Perform checks on pumps, motors, hydraulic lines, structures, pressure tanks and mechanical equipment for proper condition and operation
- Read meter, gauge and control panels and observe variations in operating conditions; interprets information to determine processing requirements
- Monitor and change flows and processes within established parameters; reports readings and processing changes on operation logs and records
- Collect and perform routine biological and chemical tests/analyses (COD, settleable solids, C12 residuals, PH, DO, MLSS) on lake/well/wastewater and by-product samples; prepare collected samples for testing in central laboratory
- Record sampling and test results for necessary reports
- Monitor use of reclaimed water in agricultural fields
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum four years of experience as a Water Treatment Operator
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
OTS Employee Name: David Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: (424) 285-0051
OTS Employee Email: email@example.com