Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Colorado River Basin
POSITION: Water Service Worker I
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Grade I Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the SWRCB
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of work in the installation, maintenance and repair of the district's water distribution system and infrastructure. Operates, controls, and maintains the district's water production system and facilities.
SCHEDULE: Determined off needs of facility. Must be able to work off-hour and/or holiday shifts as directed based on operational staffing levels, urgency conditions and/or planned shutdowns.
- Performs water meter maintenance including, but not limited to, installing new meters testing and repairing meters, locating and repairing leaks, and replacement of meters as necessary
- Flushes water mains to ensure quality meets California State Water Resources Control Board standards
- Is able to perform emergency maintenance and regular maintenance on water lines, valves, pumps and meters
- Performs construction, maintenance, and repair activities of district water utility system and infrastructure (i.e. fire hydrants)
- Notifies assigned supervisor of the need for repair or additional maintenance as found during routine inspections in cleaning activities
- Make repairs to public domain as necessary including repair of concrete after water distribution maintenance
- Utilizes the data acquisition system to ensure efficient operation of the water treatment and distribution system
- Observes variation an operating-conditions and makes appropriate adjustments to ensure pressure and flow requirements meet community demand
- Prepares and maintains detailed logs, records, and reports on the water production systems operations, test, system maintenance performs, operating conditions and inspection results
- Obtain samples from sampling stations located throughout the district service area to measure system performance an ensure compliance with water quality standards
- Receives and responds to service calls in a timely manner regarding issues such as leaks, higher low pressure, consumption levels, in water quality
- Performs ground maintenance in and around pump stations, wells, tanks and other district facilities
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- At least one years of experience in the water field
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
OTS Employee Name: David Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: (424) 285-0051
OTS Employee Email: email@example.com