Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Mesa, AZ
POSITION: Water Resources Operator II
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification from the ADEQ or equivalent certification from another state through reciprocity see with Arizona by application date
JOB SUMMARY: The Water Resources Operator II will be under the supervision of the Water Resources Plant Supervisor. This position will provide leadership and training to new and/or experienced operational staff. This position may be asked to step into a lead role in the absence of assigned supervisor. This position is responsible for prioritizing activities between the different treatment facilities and systems in order to maintain proper facility operation.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Rotating shifts. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
- Conduct laboratory testing; adjust equipment to ensure necessary process changes reflected in laboratory tests
- Monitor plant function by reading gauges, graphs, meters, and control panels
- Change plant operations to ensure water facility is meeting the processing needs; adjust pumps, flow valves, and feeder systems
- Collect liquid, solid, and gas samples; perform a wide variety of laboratory tests; document results and evaluates chemical tests
- Perform maintenance calibration and repair of plant equipment pumps, valves, mixers, digesters, centrifuges, blowers, chlorinators, chemical feeds, sludge equipment, ultraviolet equipment, basic laboratory instruments and electronic monitoring devices
- Unload and store chemicals safely and efficiently; mix chemical solution
- Make rounds at the plant to inspect buildings, grounds, pump stations, and equipment for conformance to safety standards, security requirements, and operating parameters
- Operate a variety of power-driven machinery such as drill press, grinder, sand blaster, backhoe, and chop saw to repair or maintain equipment, structures, and grounds
- Maintain a clean work area and equipment
- Move hazardous materials using hoists, dollies, carts, trucks, and pumps
- Digs up ground using a pick, shovel, or spade to locate or install lines
- Work all equipment properly, safely, and efficiently
- Use specialized protective equipment to change chlorine cylinders, repair leaks, and work with sodium hydroxide or acid cleaning equipment
- Work in confined areas that may contain toxic gases or that are low in oxygen while performing maintenance on several items such as oil changes, grit trap cleanup, and confined space entry while adjusting gate settings in manholes and cleaning scum boxes
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervision
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum three years of experience in the water/wastewater treatment field
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds