Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Water Quality Laboratory Technician
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No Certifications Required
JOB SUMMARY: This position will receive and exercise supervision. This position will be responsible for collecting and document water samples and perform routine physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis of water on laboratory equipment and clean and sterilize laboratory utensils and equipment. This position will be supervised by a Supervising Water Quality Chemist or by a higher-level administrator or manager.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $21.86 to $30.88 based off of experience + Benefits
- Collection and documentation of water samples of water from filtration plants, industrial and distribution systems locations, reservoirs, and rivers
- Responsible for routine physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis of samples including the appropriate documentation
- Bacteriological media and chemical solutions preparation
- Perform routine bacteriological examination of samples
- Provide help in preparing laboratory equipment and supplies for the analysis of water
- Cleaning and maintenance assistance of various laboratory devices, equipment, and surroundings
- Draft correspondence and reports, and perform other clerical duties related to work activities
- Customer service to course of work’s contacts
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Basic principles, practices, and techniques of organic and inorganic chemistry, and microbiology
- Ability to use laboratory equipment
- Associate Degree in Chemistry, Biology or closely related field or twenty-one units or more of major (upper division) course work in chemistry, bacteriology or biology.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Class C Driver’s License
- Minimum years of experience
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds