Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
POSITION: Water Operator
SCHEDULE: Rotating Schedule – Days and Nights
SALARY: $25.00 to $41.00 **Depending on Certification Level**
This individual will promote development by assisting operations staff with training seminars including safety, preventative maintenance, and system operations. This facility is a 24/7/365 staffed facility. Position will be required to cover shifts as needed as well as maintain communications with night/weekend staff. Performs other work as required.
- Participates in the operation, maintenance, control and repair of all related plant process equipment, including pumps, motors, chlorinators, chemical feeds, continuous on-line monitors and basic to advanced laboratory instruments to ensure treated water meets site specific requirements, as well as County, State and EPA quality standards.
- Obtains samples and performs required tests including pH, CL2, and an array of organic and inorganic constituents.
- Monitors water demands and adjusts flows through well and/or booster pumps to control system deliveries in accordance with established policies.
- Conducts various tests to determine proper chemical feed rates, calculates chemical feed rates and changes pump settings as needed.
- Assists in maintaining chemical inventory supply and recommends replenishment.
- Operates, monitors and adjusts as necessary all related plant process equipment, including chemical pumps.
- Monitors, operates, and assists in troubleshooting telemetry and SCADA systems.
- Assists in the safe unloading and storage of chemicals.
- Makes equipment adjustments, lubrications, troubleshoots, and minor repairs and reports equipment problems.
- Monitors work-in-progress to ensure timely completion
- Fills in for other Operations Staff as needed
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- TCEQ Surface Water Treatment or Ground Water Treatment Licenses.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in the operation of a water treatment facility preferred.
- Knowledge or RO, Ultrafiltration and Cold Lime Softening preferred.
- Knowledge of the operations, methods, practices, techniques and servicing requirements of water production, storage and distribution facilities, water treatment and conveyance facilities.
- Knowledge of safety practices in the operation of electrical and mechanical equipment used in water facilities.
- Experience with CMMS including creating work orders, tracking, and printing work orders preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to increase knowledge in maintenance area operations including equipment operation and use.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.