Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Water Cross Connection Control Specialist
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: California-Nevada American Water Works Association (AWWA) Cross Connection Control Specialist Certificate; California-Nevada AWWA Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification; Valid Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the SWRCB
JOB SUMMARY: This position will receive supervision from the Water Utilities Operations and Maintenance Superintendent and will provide supervision to Assistant Water Cross Connection Control Specialists, Utilities Operations and Maintenance Leadworkers & Utilities Operations and Maintenance Serviceworkers. This position will demand implementation of a cross connection control/backflow prevention program including investigating and enforcing consumer compliance.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $34.66 to $48.98 based off of experience + Benefits
- Valves and fittings investigation to determine cross-connection hazards; instruct consumers to install adequate backflow prevention devices including testing of devices
- Compliance verification through data collection
- Communication with State Department of Health Services of corrective actions and compliance schedules as required by state law
- Consult with, and explain cross connection control requirements, to property owners, managers, contractors, government agencies and the general public
- Coordination of Cross Connection Control Program activities with other City departments and outside agencies including the Planning and Development Department, Fire Department, Sacramento County and various school districts
- Record maintenance of data compiled from field test, surveys, cross connection locations, approved backflow assembly inventories.
- Maintain a log of customer contacts and inspections
- Communication with Cross Connection Control Program
- Issue written warnings to customers as necessary
- Demonstration of backflow prevention devices and staff training
- Inspect water trucks and tanks for compliance with Division policy
- Coordinate installation schedules and procedures with contractors and Division crews
- Oversee certified testers
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade and two (2) years of experience as a Utilities Operations and Maintenance Leadworker
- Or five years of experience in water distribution, water production, or related field, of which three years must have involved the testing and installation of backflow prevention devices and inspection of internal building plumbing systems for water cross connections
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Class C Driver’s License
- Valid Class B Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements
- Valid Class A Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds