Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator III
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate issued by the SWRCB
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Utilities Manager, this is an advanced level position. The WWTPO-III will perform a variety of advanced skill level operational tasks, control, and preventative maintenance functions. This position is expected to demonstrate a full understanding of all policies and work methods as associated with duties assigned; work independently, instruction or assistance will be provided for new and/or unusual situations; designated Shift Operator.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
- Operate the Wastewater Treatment Facility to ensure proper flow and processing of wastewater, sludge, and effluent
- Operate and monitor a variety of equipment such as pumps, motors, digesters, biosolids and other relative equipment; read gauges, dials and other instruments that record plant operations including SCADA, off-site pumps, and plant storage facilities
- Ensure compliance with environmental and public health standards; this includes monitoring and adjusting as needed to optimize efficiency, making chemical dosage changes, changing pump rates as well as inspecting and monitoring all equipment daily
- Operate and assist in preventative maintenance on a variety of treatment plant equipment, this includes electric motors, engines, gas and electric powered pumps, air compressors, emergency systems, power generation systems, pressure and flow regulators, analyzers, filters, chemical feed systems, digesters, bar screens and blowers
- Coordinate plant operation activities in a variety of areas including digesters, primary and secondary clarifiers, generators, chlorine sulfur dioxide, ammonia processes, chemical tank storage, trickling filters and holding ponds
- Clean process tanks and all other related equipment to Wastewater Treatment
- Review and analyze automated information and control system; inspect and adjust equipment as needed; notify appropriate staff of unusual situations
- Interpret and perform, as necessary, laboratory and process tests to ensure optimal plant performance and water quality standards are being met
- Maintain accurate records including calculating flow rates, daily use of chemicals, gauge readings and meter readings; complete required monthly reports as necessary
- participates in emergency response related to wastewater treatment spills overflows and equipment failures
- Provide direction and training to other less experienced operators related to plant operations and procedures
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and testing equipment safely and efficiently
- Perform a variety of custodial duties including sweeping and cleaning the plant facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum three years of experience in the water/wastewater treatment plant
- May be required to complete National Incident Management System (NIMS) Training
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
OTS Employee Name: David Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: (424) 285-0051
OTS Employee Email: email@example.com