LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA (Sylmar Location)
POSITION: Instructor, Wastewater Technology
This position is currently designed to facilitate a 160 hour training program (4/40hr work weeks) that blends both academics and hands-on training. This pre-apprentice training will lead to a 2 year apprentice program and function as ongoing training for the program (apprenticeship) as well.
Under limited direction from the Educational Manager, the instructor for Wastewater Technology delivers classroom instruction, lab, and hands-on training in according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; develops and maintains hands-on curriculum and instruction; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and in-service training sessions. Participates in learning program activities such as faculty and/or curriculum meetings, student functions, graduation exercises and advisory board meetings. Engages in assessment of student learning outcomes activities.
SCHEDULE: Currently based on daily instruction Monday thru Friday
SALARY: $45-65/hr depending on experience
OTS is seeking a Wastewater Technology Instructor to who can manage all instructional aspects daily, including but not restricted to:
- Assist in the academic curriculum and course material development
- Assist in the hands-on curriculum and course material development
- Evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies required by course/standard outcomes
- Provide an excellent teaching experience and operator development
- Ability to perform lecture, lab, and hands-on instruction
- Ability to work within an LMS (Learning Management System) software
- Sensitivity to, understanding of, and ability to motivate students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, differing abilities, gender, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to provide a learning environment that promotes equitable student outcomes.
- Utilize technology in the classroom and in department activities
- Ability to explain processes operating the following: MBR, activated sludge, extended aeration, secondary and tertiary treatment
- Ability to explain processes related to the following:
- Chemical applications
- Use of industry tools and equipment
- Laboratory functions and sampling
- Analytical monitoring
- Utilizing SCADA
- MBR Treatment
- Activated Sludge
- Extended Aeration
- Secondary and Tertiary Treatment
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of Wastewater 3 Certificate
- Min of 5 years of experience in the wastewater industry
- Min of 1 year teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Degree with a concentration in water/wastewater is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT) particularly in PPT required
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
OTS Employee Name: Bret Kadel
OTS Employee Number: 213-544-5377
OTS Employee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org