Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
LOCATION: The San Francisco Bay Area
POSITION: Wastewater Operator II
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade II Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board
JOB SUMMARY: Operate and perform general maintenance and repairs on Wastewater Treatment Plant equipment, machinery and systems. Assist in keeping the Wastewater Treatment Plant in good, sanitary operating conditions; perform general ground maintenance on Wastewater Treatment Plant and other District Sites. May assume temporary responsibility of Plant in the absence of the District Manager.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required. Must be able to respond to emergency on-call situations within thirty minutes.
- Operate, inspect and maintain Wastewater Facilities
- Operate and adjust valves to regulate and ensure proper flow of Plant Systems
- Operate, inspect, maintain and repair Wastewater Plant Equipment such as, but not limited to, screens clarifiers, centrifuge, digesters, pumps, blowers, meters, chlorination equipment, sludge thickener and digesters, aeration units, boilers, air compressors, control systems (PLCs, SCADA, etc.) and disinfection to ensure proper Plant function and ensure maximum efficiency
- Flush, clean and hose channels, screen wells, wet wells, weirs and decks
- Collect water quality samples; run routine chemical testing
- Conduct proper testing on flow and pumping frequencies, meter and gauges to ensure equipment is performing at maximum efficiency
- Utilizes complex valving schemes and flow patterns specific to a variety of treatment processes
- Keeps efficient records of equipment operation and meter readings
- Perform routine and corrective maintenance tasks on sewer systems using rodding equipment, vacuum trucks, and truck mounted hydro-flush units; will answer emergency calls for sewer stoppage
- Transport equipment and materials throughout the plant; load and unload materials, supplies and equipment; assist in the storage and transfer of chemicals
- Use hand/power tools efficiently and safely
- Perform all work tasks in compliance with the District’s Safety Standards
- Assist in training staff as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- The ability to obtain Valid Class B Driver’s License within three months of employment
- Minimum two years of experience in a related field
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Have the ability to operate equipment such as, but not limited to, backhoes and loaders
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.