Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
LOCATION: Southern California
POSITION: Wastewater Operator II
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Possession of a Grade II or III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate issued by California State Water Resources Control Board.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled labor in the operations and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Plant. Performs adjustments, repairs on equipment and collection of samples as required.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: $30.00 – $37.00 Per Hour (DOE) + Benefits
- Possesses practical knowledge of Wastewater Treatment Facilities, such as, Activated Sludge Wastewater Treatment, BNR, and Solid Handling Process
- Work well independently as well as a team member
- Possess common knowledge of treatment process, techniques, safety practices, tools and materials used in Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- Perform equipment maintenance and troubleshooting; make adjustments and repairs as needed
- Perform daily tasks assigned by direct supervisor correctly and efficiently
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain Valid Class B Driver’s License within 18 months of hire
- Minimum three years of experience
- CPR and First Aid Training
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.