Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Utilities Operations and Maintenance Supervisor
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade 3 Water Distribution Operator Certificate (D3); CWEA Collection Systems Maintenance Grade III Certificate or higher
JOB SUMMARY: This is a supervisory position that requires the performance of supervise the work of crews on the construction, maintenance, and repair of water distribution, wastewater collection, and storm drainage systems. Supervision will be received from a higher level position.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $34.66 to $48.98 based off of experience + Benefits
- Supervise and participate in the construction, relocation, maintenance, and repair of water mains, sewer lines, storm drains, meters, hydrants, valves, motors, pumps, chlorinators, and related appurtenances
- Maintain inventory of materials and equipment and oversee supplies purchasing
- Recording of work performed, work time, equipment, and material
- Supervise and inspect work in progress while guiding crews through work problems ensuring proper work technique and equipment use
- Maintain compliance with regulatory, safety, certification, and training requirements
- Communicate with contractors to insure proper size, location, and placement of water, sewer, and drainage connections
- Communicate project effect to adjacent property owners
- Oversee a meter repair operation and write specifications for new water meters.
- Customer relation support following complaints
- Coordinate work with other utilities and crews determining responsibilities in field operations
- Assist in locating utility lines and appurtenances
- Supervise, train, and evaluate subordinates
- Implement plans and coordinate with Police and Fire in emergency situations
- Respond to hazardous materials calls for the division
- Flood gates service and closure
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of computer operation in order to enter and retrieve information in designated software such as the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to receive and send e-mails, and complete forms and reports
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade and three years of experience as a Utilities Operations and Maintenance Leadworker or six years of experience performing the duties of a supervisor or lead worker in underground installation, construction, and/or repair of water distribution, sewer, or drainage collection systems
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Class B Driver’s License and Class A Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds