Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Utilities Operations and Maintenance Superintendent
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade 3 Water Distribution Operator Certificate and Grade 5 Water Treatment Operator issued by the SWRCB
JOB SUMMARY: This position will require coordination, supervision and reviewing activities related to the operations and maintenance of the City's water and wastewater production and treatment, and; the sewer and drainage facilities systems; or, to the construction, maintenance and repair of water distribution and drainage collection systems and the City's wastewater collection and combined sewer systems. Project monitoring, record keeping, problem solving, and emergency response will also be required. This position will receive and exercise supervision.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $49.83 to $65.38 based off of experience + Benefits
- Planning and supervision of daily activities directly or through subordinates supervisors
- Coordination of the construction, operation, maintenance and repair of water and wastewater facilities, sewer and drainage stations, water distribution systems, sewage collection systems, and flood control and storm drainage systems
- Plans and drawings reviewing with all parties involved including problems discussion, evaluation and provide technical expertise and recommendation
- Confers with developers and contractors to ensure that City standards are met; ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and local rules and regulations to provide critical safeguards against system contamination
- Emergency response to hazard spills, floods, treatment processes failure, power loss or telemetry failure. Maintain records of actions
- Provides technical expertise and support to the development and implementation of capital improvement and a variety of other projects; and maintains records of work accomplished and prepares reports
- Development and implementation of safety programs and operating procedures in the construction, maintenance and operation of the water and wastewater production and treatment facilities and distribution, drainage and sewer systems
- Prepares and administers budget for assigned section; prepares, reviews, and modifies specifications for specialized equipment and contractual repair services; reviews and approves all orders for necessary maintenance supplies and equipment; and, recommends the purchase of major items and items routinely used
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, engineering, or business administration, public administration, or a related field. Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written). Or additional experience may substitute for education.
- Valid Class C Driver’s License
- Minimum Five years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience in the in the operation of a drinking water treatment plant or wastewater facility or five years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience in the repair, construction, and maintenance of water, sewer, or flood control and storm drainage systems
- Knowledge of Occupational hazards, standard safety precautions, applicable labor laws, OSHA and EPA regulations, applicable California Code of Regulations (i.e., 8, 17, 22, 23) Water Resources rules and other laws and regulations pertaining to the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds