Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Utilities Operations and Maintenance Serviceworker
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade 1 Water Distribution Operator (D1); CWEA Collection Systems Maintenance Grade I or higher
JOB SUMMARY: This is an entry-level positions in the class of Utilities Operations and Maintenance Service series. This position will require performance of construction, maintenance, and repair tasks, which encompass various levels of labor skills. This position will receive and exercise supervision.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $27.39 to $38.70 based off of experience + Benefits
- Installation, removal and repair of large and small water, wastewater, and drainage services
- Cut, fit, lay, repair, clean, and flush water, sewer, and drainage mains, valves, and hydrants
- Perform weed control spray and maintenance of canals, drainage ditches using hand and power tools
- Operate large trucks and construction equipment such as loaders, backhoes, trenching machines, compressors, cranes, hoists, slope mowers, and harvesters
- Maintain and operate a truck while keeping it clean and ready for service
- Repair meters and mechanisms and perform meter installation and testing
- Assist in the fabrication and repair of water, sewer, and drainage system parts and equipment such as pipefittings, valves, pumps, small engines, and a variety of tools used in water, sewer, and drainage construction and maintenance
- Operate various equipment including: rodding machine, hydraulic equipment, high pressure combination cleaner, jackhammer and closed circuit camera equipment
- Locate, excavate, tap, and repair water lines, sewer lines, and storm drain facilities
- Provide safe traffic control
- Operate and maintain a variety of pipe cleaning, inspection, and maintenance equipment including video, air and smoke test, vapor rooter and pest control equipment
- Provide and maintain inventory of equipment and parts used by field construction and maintenance crews
- Maintain as-built drawings and maps and routine records
- Maintain a professional presence and use regular office equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of city geography and the municipal street system
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Class C Driver’s License, Class B Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements, Class A Driver’s License with appropriate endorsements.
- Minimum two years of work experience in underground installation, construction, and/or repair of water distribution, sewer, or drainage collection systems
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds