Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Supervising Water Quality Chemist
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No Certifications Required
JOB SUMMARY: This position is a supervisory position. This position requires supervision of the activities of chemists and laboratory technicians while providing administrative and technical support to them during the analysis of physical, chemical and bacteriological constituents present in treated and untreated domestic water supply. This position validates the analytical data reported by the chemists; conducts special studies, requests for analysis and projects; researches and establishes new procedures; and maintains Quality Assurance and Quality Control of the laboratory to ensure state certification requirements are met.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $37.05 to $52.35 based off of experience + Benefits
- Review, coordinate and supervise the work of laboratory staff
- Train new staff for laboratory safety, policies and procedures
- Supervise and analyze (chemical, physical and bacteriological analysis) water and wastewater using Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Standard Methods methodology to ensure regulatory compliance
- Advise and provide analytical support for the water quality program within the city
- Budget preparation and work programs preparation
- Establish new laboratory techniques and Standard Operating Procedures
- Review the analytical results’ evaluations and interpretations, including validation of problems’ reasons and approval/recommendation of corrective measures
- Perform research and experimental work. Maintain and evaluate experimental equipment and procedures for meeting state and federal regulatory standards
- Develop and implement the laboratory’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control standards and prepare quality control reports required for maintaining the laboratory’s certification
- Direct water quality consumer relations
- Provide exceptional customer service to course work’s contacts
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in chemistry, bacteriology, biology, microbiology, or closely related field
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Class C Driver’s License
- Five years of experience involving testing and analysis of potable water with at least two years performing the full range of supervisory duties in a laboratory; or, experience in a lead capacity providing direction, training and reviewing work for lower level and less experienced laboratory staff
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds