LOCATION: Northern California
POSITION: Specialty Treatment Solutions – WWTP Operator
This position is responsible for ongoing operation and maintenance of customer’s wastewater treatment systems and associated equipment. Providing customers with prompt, professional, high-quality service associated with wastewater treatment systems.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required. Services provided may be scheduled or on-demand.
- Perform startups, periodic operations checks (onsite and/or remote), equipment inspections, troubleshooting, repairs, and/or preventive maintenance services on installed wastewater treatment systems and associated equipment
- Maintain a clean service area of the equipment such as process floats, tanks, rotary screens, membranes, and components at customer sites
- Data recording from process control instruments and meters, gauge readings, and chemical metering systems on specified forms
- Ability to process calculations required for the proper operation of equipment, including chemical dosage rates, biological loading, clarifier operation and sludge generation rate
- Add process chemicals, such as potassium permanganate, hydrogen peroxide, caustic, acid, chlorine, polymer, and coagulant using mixers, pumps and metering devices
- Maintain a clean and safe work area while observing all Federal, State and County safety rules, regulations, and procedures. General knowledge of the Department of Public Works' chemical hazards and safety policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment, control systems, and biological knowledge such as microbiology relevant to the wastewater operating practices, oxygen level measurement techniques, laboratory techniques, sample handling and preservation and treatment analysis in accordance with standard method
- Install, configure, and calibrate electrical, pneumatic, probes (pneumatic, analog, & digital), and fluid connections.
- Understand controls narratives and analyze/troubleshoot process application related issues.
- Identify and take corrective action on process upsets. Assists with mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance of process equipment, valves, and structures at treatment plants.
- Analyze and correct communication issues. Properly address TCP/IP networks and RS-485 communications. Basic knowledge of PLC and VFD programming.
- Read/understand equipment diagrams, blueprints, checklists, technical and engineering drawings, and other process documentation. Ability to identify all confined space locations.
- Ability to use of a microscope to identify micro-organisms as well as testing equipment used to perform routine mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation preventative maintenance.
- Be able to maintain an effective communication to discuss job requirements, provide recommendations and service options, listen to customer concerns, and provide status updates during service call and at completion.
- Manage effective field service scheduling and reporting to assure customer requirements have been met in a timely manner.
- Complete job-related service reports, expense reports, and forms in a timely fashion.
- Conduct customer training as necessary on wastewater treatment systems and associated equipment and components when onsite.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree (2 years schooling) in Environmental, Electrical, or Controls Engineering or equivalent experience with wastewater treatment plant operation and maintenance or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Class C Driver’s License
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in water/wastewater treatment or field and/or repair experience directly related to water and wastewater treatment equipment
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment systems (license to operate wastewater treatment facility or previous experience with operating an MBBR and/or MBR facility preferred).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Dynamics / Navision, SAP, Salesforce.com CRM experience is preferred.
- TCP/IP networks and RS-485 communications; Allen Bradley PLC experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of RS Logix 5000 experience is preferred
- Knowledge PLC or similar Ladder-Logic programming experience is desired
- Ability to interpret process flow, control wiring, as well as piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Ability to welding (brazing, cutting, welding, plasma) a plus
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Safety Glasses, Steel Toe Boots, Gloves
- Ability to Travel on Airplane, Train and/or Car
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
OTS Employee Name: Victoria Carnaghi
OTS Employee Number: (424) 334-9421
OTS Employee Email: Victoria@getots.com