Client seeks to obtain the services of OTS to up to three (3) temp to hire water treatment shift operators with a minimum of a CA T2/D2 certification.
Under general supervision, positions in the Water Treatment Plant/Distribution Operator classification perform a variety of field maintenance assignments on public water system facilities.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This is a journey level position in the water works industry.
- Operates automatic and manually controlled equipment, motors, and pumps used in the treatment and disinfection of water and distribution systems.
- Takes samples at established times, performing standardized quality control tests, and adjust chemical feeders and other plant equipment.
- Document and interpret information necessary to determine the proper operation of treatment equipment, water conditions and distribution equipment.
- Provides customer service including resolving customer issues • Must be able to work independently.
- Provides paid on-call services as assigned.
- Understand and carry out written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, outside agencies, and the public.
- Regular attendance and adherence to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be an independent problem solver.
- Must work well with others and communicate effectively.
- Candidate must enjoy working in remote areas in difficult weather situations.
- The position includes paid on-call duties so the ideal candidate must enjoy working outside of normal business hours from time to time.
- Operates vehicles to travel to and from work assignments.
- Learns to operate heavy equipment to fulfill duties.
- Must be able to carry, push, pull, reach, and lift equipment and parts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls, and climbs during maintenance and repair work.
- Works in an environment with exposure to dust, dirt, chemicals, and significant temperature changes between cold and heat
- Regularly uses common office/plant equipment such as telephones and computers.
- Work out of doors for many assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES
Education/Training: High School Diploma, or General Equivalency Degree is required.
Experience: Three years of responsible work experience in performing facility maintenance and construction work
Driver’s License Requirements: Possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license with a record free of multiple or serious traffic violations.
Certifications Required: Must possess and maintain a minimum of a California Division of Drinking Water Distribution Operator Certificate, Grade 2 or higher and Water Treatment Plant Operator Certificate, Grade 2 or higher.