Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Senior Generator Technician
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No Certifications Required
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction by a Supervising Generator Technician, this is an advanced journey level position that will perform a variety of skilled and highly skilled level tasks. This includes the inspection, repair, preventative, and corrective maintenance as well as modification on Internal Combustion (IC) engines, diesel generators, and other IC gaseous engines.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $25.63 to $42.52 based off of experience + Benefits
- Assist and participate in routine inspections and make modifications to IC engines, diesel generators, and associated equipment
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on automatic transfer switches (ATS) and annunciator panels
- Perform load testing on equipment to identify possible problems and prevent wet stacking
- Make electrical and mechanical writing modifications to diesel control circuits
- Rebuild and repair gas compressors (turbochargers) used for forced induction of IC engines, head gaskets, seals, water pumps, catalytic converters, torque heads, belts, and hoses
- Conduct automatic and manual transfer tests of simulated power outages to ensure generators are functioning properly
- Test batteries, fuel coolant, and oil; ship oil samples for analysis
- Transport and dispose of hazardous materials safely and efficiently
- May provide lead direction and assist lower level staff with assigned tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain a CA State issued Crane and Forklift Certification within probation period
- Minimum of one year of experience in the general maintenance, servicing, and repair of various types of engines
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds