ational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Senior Electrician
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No certifications required
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision from a Trades Supervisor, the Senior Electrician is a journey level position and is expected to perform installations, maintenance, repair, and alterations of electrical of electrical systems and equipment in City buildings, pumping stations, treatment facilities, and plants. As well as provide lead guidance and direction to assigned personnel.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $33.62 to $48.27 based off of experience + Benefits
- Test, locate, and repair trouble in electrical circuits and equipment
- Supervise and participate in the installation of conduits, wire, pull boxes, switchboards, and switches required in making additions, extensions, or alterations on the electrical systems
- Supervise and participate in the service and replacement of defective parts in motors, generators, pumps, storage batteries, switchboards, controllers, contractors, switches as well as any other fixtures and appliances
- Supervise and participate in the repair and replacement of damaged electroliers, fire alarm boxes and police telephone boxes; replace defective underground cables on streetlighting systems
- Inspect equipment buildings machinery or other structures were reported to need electrical repair; determine need for electrical work and estimate time, materials, and cost
- Maintain records on material, labor, and time costs; make requisitions and/or purchase materials; maintain inventory logs
- Plan, schedule and assign work to subordinate personnel; inspect work in process and upon completion to assure that it meets required standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum one year of experience comparable to an electrician with the City’s guidelines
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds