Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
POSITION: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing all accounting, financial processing, reporting, and related data management functions. This includes system administration, management, and maintenance of all QuickBooks Online functions; accounts reconciliation; AR/AP management; payroll management; workers’ comp administration; tax and audits preparation; contract and budget management, tracking, and forecasting; and all other critical fiscal management responsibilities.
Position is based on the west coast – remote working is available, but it will be based on west coast (pacific time) working hours. As we are a new and growing company, we encourage this candidate to be proactive in streamlining processes and propose solution for a more efficient and effective work environment.
SCHEDULE: Regular Monday-Friday schedule with availability on occasional weekends. Most of the job will be done “telecommuting” but occasional in-person meetings/tasks may be required.
SALARY: $75,000-85,000 depending on experience
BENEFITS: Health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K
OTS is currently seeking an accountant to who can manage all the accounting aspects daily, including but not restricted to:
- Payroll, expenses, and related processes (ADP)
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- Accuracy of organization’s General Ledger
- Maintenance and improvement of chart of accounts
- Maintenance and improvement of organization’s accounting policies and protocols (e.g.
credit card use policy, purchase request policy, etc.)
- Production of high-level financials for Executive Staff
- Creation, in collaboration with Leadership Team, of annual budget
- Budget forecasting and related reports
- Management and coordination of workers’ compensation payments and related audits
- Assist in filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations (working with CPA firm)
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company (Quickbooks)
- Complete special projects as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license preferred
- 3-5 years of experience (startup environment preferred)
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT) particularly in Excel required
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
OTS Employee Name: David Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: 424-203-6352
OTS Employee Email: email@example.com