LOCATION: Southern CA
POSITION TITLE: Remote Site off Long Beach, CA – Wastewater Operator III
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION: State of California SWRCB Wastewater Grade III Certification
COMPENSATION PER HOUR: Negotiable
- Perform routine operations and maintenance duties and laboratory tests; prepares performance evaluations; prepares work and maintenance schedules.
- Maintains records concerning operations and programs; prepares reports on operations and activities.
- Performs the more technical and complex tasks of the work unit including ensuring and demonstrating that facilities supervised follows all regulatory agencies through the documentation of plant performance reporting.
- Oversees and participates in operating systems manually or by remote control and operating mechanical equipment which regulates the flow and treatment of sewage and sludge.
- Oversees and participates in starting, stopping, and regulating electric motors, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, bar screens, grinders, grit collectors, air compressors, chlorinators, washers, grease skimmers, gas burners, rotary screens, conveyors, and related equipment.
- Oversees and participates in performing routine maintenance duties such as lubricating equipment and changing belts; carries out operating orders in the plant or unit of the plant to which assigned.
- Oversees and participates in reading meters, gauges, and other control and measuring devices; maintains a shift log of unit operations to include records of meter and gauge readings and reports relative to mechanical repairs and plant operations.
- Responds to emergency call-out situations and performs standby duty for response on weekends, off-hours and holidays according to predetermined schedule.
- Evaluates laboratory and operational plant data for making process control adjustments to keep the effluent water in compliance with waste discharge permit; keeps Chief Plant Operator informed of all process control adjustments; performs laboratory testing and other laboratory operational duties as needed.
- Ensures safety and plant compatibility during operations, maintenance, or testing.
- Maintains operational records, such as plant operations logs, test results, unusual operating conditions, and maintenance work performed; assists in generation of monthly and annual regulatory reports as required for discharge permits.
- Oversees and operates, tools, equipment and machinery used for maintenance and cleaning of wastewater system facilities.
- Responds to and resolves inquiries and complaints.
- Reads, understands, and ensures compliance with Company Manual; attends safety meetings, as required; reports all accidents, violations, or infractions to supervisor.
- Participates in client staff meetings as required.
- Communicates critical issues regarding plant performance to client.
- Exercises safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- State of California SWRCB Wastewater Grade III Certification
OTS Employee Name: David S Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: 424-203-6352
OTS Employee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org