Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Process Control Systems Specialist
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No Certifications Required
JOB SUMMARY: This is position is a full-journey level position. This position is responsible for the planning, programming, designing, maintaining, and repairing control apparatus, data logging and display equipment, communications systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) software and hardware equipment to support operations of the City’s water and wastewater facilities; develops and designs improvements to control systems. This position is distinguished from general information technology support positions by the specialized and technical expertise related to process control systems, specifically SCADA.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $37.31 to $52.72 based off of experience + Benefits
- Support the operations of the water and wastewater facilities and system through analisi, evaluation, design, development, programs, tests, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of process control systems. This control apparatus, data logging and display equipment, networks, communications and security systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) software and hardware equipment
- Designing and developing new or enhanced process control system upgrades and/or applications; analyzes user operations and business requirements to design and develop process control system solutions; reviews, evaluates, and recommends systems and applications; creates or oversees the development of systems documentation to develop program specifications; designs optimum system configurations; develops and implements testing plans; ensures system quality assurance; determines whether new programs meet users’ business and technology requirements and makes adjustments as required
- Provide technical support to existing systems, including: answers to user requests for information on system use; responds to calls and requests for major or minor systems modifications; troubleshoots routine to highly complex system, hardware, and software related problems; writes, tests, debugs, and installs programs
- Performs system administration functions; evaluates and tests system upgrades; installs, configures, and/or upgrades software and hardware; monitors data storage utilization; implements virtual server infrastructure and maintains related servers
- Maintenance of complex system software, databases, networks, and related applications; resolves compatibility problems; monitors and optimizes performance; develops migration, capacity, and disaster planning and recovery procedures
- Performs programming of SCADA, PLC, and Human Machine Interface (HMI); troubleshoots and corrects programming, configuration, and interface problems; determines method of integrating new programming code into existing programs to meet user needs
- Monitors and implements technological advances in process control systems and applications; advises management about upgrades and improved systems and applications as necessary
- Monitors system security and performance including the identification of unauthorized access and potential security breaches; provide recommendations to improve the security and network performance
- Designs, installs, configures software, troubleshoots, and maintains camera and security systems at the City’s water and wastewater facilities
- Develops and reviews complex reports related to the operation of process control systems, including monthly compliance and special project reports; develops and implements various reporting tools as necessary
- Training operations staff to use control systems to monitor operational processes and to perform basic control system troubleshooting; assists operators in the development of process control strategies as necessary
- Maintaining electronic records, files, and data for real-time process data
- Provide documentation on new and enhanced systems or programs, including detailed descriptions and functional capabilities; prepares and updates user materials and procedures manuals
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, and techniques used in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance of data acquisition software and hardware, networks, and programming applications, including SCADA, PLC, and HMI
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in engineering, computer science, information systems, or a related field
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Class C Driver’s License
- Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in an industrial environment, programming, maintaining, installing, troubleshooting, and repairing SCADA, PLC's, and telemetry systems
- Additional experience may substitute for education requirement
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds