LOCATION: Statewide Major Needs
POSITION TITLE: Plant Electrician
COMPENSATION PER HOUR: Negotiable
- Install, maintain, calibrate, repair, troubleshoot, test, and modify
- Electrical equipment and systems – electric motors, motorized valves, hand and power tools, conduit and wire systems, electrical inspections, and start-up testing, building and area lighting, repair enunciation systems, access control systems, cathodic protection, etc. Control Systems – Motor controls, variable frequency drives (VFD's), engine controls, lighting controls.
- Power Distribution Systems – 5 KV power distribution systems, switchboards, motor control centers (MCC's), transformers, power panels, grounding systems, generators, automatic transfer switches, uninterruptable power supply (UPS) systems, solar arrays, etc.
- Ability, when called upon, to work on analytical instrumentation, safety instrumentation and process control instrumentation.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, schematics, power distribution drawings, control panel wiring diagrams, and installation manuals for electrical and instrumentation systems. Provide working drawings.
- Perform preventive, corrective, predictive, and demand maintenance on all electrical systems.
- Requisition supplies, materials, tools, and equipment utilizing a computerized Purchase Requisition system.
- Process and track work orders utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management system (CMMS).
- Ability to utilize the Oracle and other District utilized computerized system(s).
- Coordinate and work with outside agencies and companies to complete assigned tasks.
- Participate in the department after hours standby program.
- Work in vaults and other confined spaces utilizing proper safety techniques and equipment in accordance with Cal-OSHA, District, and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Two years of journey level experience installing and maintaining industrial or production electrical and electronic equipment is required.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Valid Class "C" California Driver's License Required
- Grade I CWEA Electrical/Instrumentation Technologist Certificate desired.
OTS Employee Name: David S Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: 424-203-6352
OTS Employee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org