Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Meter Reader
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No certification required
JOB SUMMARY: This is an entry level position and will be under general supervision. This position will read commercial water meters and record consumption. This position will also identify water meter problems and work with the proper personnel to resolve any technical issues.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $16.54 to $23.37 based off of experience + Benefits
- Read water meters on assigned daily routes, record readings, report readings to superior
- Make necessary calculations to determine if the water meter is running properly; report unusual cases to superiors
- Report and discuss maintenance and/or replacement of the water meter with superiors; cases like these include if a meter is dead, upside down, running backwards, water being used without it being recorded by the meter and other defects or suspicious conditions
- Report to superior violations of the rules and regulations governing water consumption, conditions that may necessitate a change in rate for the service rendered, and effects in water meters
- Identify new water utility billing addresses
- Professionally and courteously respond to citizen inquiries and complaints
- Assist in evaluating new products and provide input as to changes in current devices
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum one years of related experience in the water field
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds