Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Machinist Supervisor
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Possession of a Grade 2 Water Distribution Operator Certification (D2) issued by the SWRCB is desirable
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction from management personnel, the Machinist Supervisor will plan, assign, schedule, direct, and evaluate the work of journey-level Machinists, semiskilled Machinist Helpers and Maintenance Workers in maintaining and repairing a variety of machinery and equipment. The Machinist Supervisor may perform or assist with more complicated tasks as required.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $36.52 to $52.43 based off of experience + Benefits
- Plan, assign, schedule, direct, and evaluate the work of Machinists, Machinist Helpers, and Maintenance Workers in maintaining, repairing, and installing mechanical equipment such as pumps, motors, engines, hoists, compressors, blowers, water and wastewater facilities, and related equipment
- Supervise and participate in the manufacture of parts for the repair of mechanical equipment
- Prepare sketches, drawings, and written instructions for various jobs
- Establish and implement training programs for employees in safety, materials, and methods
- Write specifications for new and replacement equipment
- Contact vendors to order material and spare parts for inventory
- Maintain work time, equipment, and material records; write reports on work performed
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of three years of experience equivalent to a journey-level Machinist
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds