Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Junior Plant Operator
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade 1 Water Treatment Operator Certificate (T1) issued by the SWRCB
JOB SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Supervising Plant Operator, the Junior Plant Operator will perform a wide variety of semi-skilled and skilled level work in the Water Distribution Plant and systems. This position will also assist in situations such as monitoring and directing storm water, wastewater, and potable water.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
- Schedule and preform preventative maintenance checks on facility equipment such as pumps, motors, and air compressors; perform routine servicing and adjustments to plant equipment as necessary
- Lubricate equipment, this includes bearings and valves; change oil on plant equipment as required
- Load and unload chlorine cylinders or containers, alum, lime and other materials used in the treatment of potable and non-potable water; utilizing equipment such as electric hoist, forklift, crane, and other heavy equipment; make necessary connections for the transfer of chemicals
- Clean tanks, sedimentation basins, chemical feeders, reservoirs, filter basins, lime slakers, and sumps
- Assist and operate treatment plant or pool equipment by reading meters and gauges, as well as operating valves, pumps, and other controls to adjust water flow, pressure and chemical dosages; make calculations and record readings
- Collect water samples and perform routine water quality laboratory tests
- Assist in performing various filter tests as part of the filter surveillance program
- Perform janitorial work and grounds maintenance to keep the plant in optimal operating conditions
- Perform preventative maintenance duties including painting equipment, cleaning trash screens and filters
- Operate equipment such as engine driven pumps, generators, compressors, hoist, forklifts, cranes, and other heavy equipment with safety as a priority
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum six months of experience in the water operations field
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, using a self-contained breathing apparatus and or level one hazmat suits; work on temporary scaffolding, and on high structures
OTS Employee Name: David Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: (424) 285-0051
OTS Employee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org