Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Ventura County
POSITION: Instrumentation Technician
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: CWEA Electrical/Instrumentation Technician Certification
JOB SUMMARY: The Instrumentation Technician is a journey level technical class and will receive general direction from W/WW Operations Superintendent or a designated supervisor. This position is responsible for performing semi-skilled to skilled tasks associated with installation, maintenance and/or repair of electrical systems and instrumentation equipment.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
- Install, inspect, maintain, repair, calibrate and/or test electrical, pneumatic, electronic instrumentation systems and components utilized in Water and Wastewater Facilities
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions in order to determine necessary repair; modifies existing equipment to increase efficiency and effectiveness or to decrease equipment failure
- Perform installs, maintenance and repair for programmable logic controllers, remote terminal units, control data acquisition systems, electronic control instruments
- Design, program, install and maintain the SCADA supervisory and sensory control system and water quality testing equipment
- Install conduit and pull wires for telemetry equipment, recorders, alarm systems, lighting fixtures and other electrical equipment within the Facility
- Performs excavation work; shovels dirt and/or moves concrete to reach buried line
- Preform plumbing work associated with the installation/repair of electrical/electronic systems and equipment
- Maintain and repair tools and equipment used in work; purchase and maintain inventory of supplies needed as necessary
- Compute load balancing computations on a variety of electrical circuits; make preliminary and post-construction drawings of equipment modifications and new installations
- Assist mechanical maintenance staff in training of basic electrical/instrumentation system maintenance and repair
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum two years of experience as an instrumentation technician, as well as basic training in electrical, electronic and pneumatic instrumentation
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
OTS Employee Name: David Sibelman
OTS Employee Number: (424) 285-0051
OTS Employee Email: email@example.com