Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Instrumentation Supervisor
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No certifications required
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision by the Electrician Supervisor, the Instrument Technician I is a journey level position. This position will perform semi-skilled and skilled level work in the installation, servicing, and repair of electronic and pneumatic instruments and instrument systems.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $33.55 to $50.19 based off of experience + Benefits
- Supervise and participate in the specification, installation, calibration and/or repair of instrumentation equipment, telemeters and computer systems
- Anticipate the need for materials and equipment required; complete the requisition process to obtain said items
- Check time cards, mileage sheets and work reports submitted by subordinates to ensure accuracy
- Develop preventative maintenance schedules and replacement programs
- Develop and provide safety standards and training
- Develop goals and objectives for the unit and evaluate employee performance
- Evaluate, recommend and order new equipment and supplies
- Coordinate activities with other groups in the division
- Establish and conduct training programs
- Assist in budget preparations
- Assist in the design and construction of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment and systems
- Provide exceptional customer service to those contacted in the course of work
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of five years of experience in installation, maintenance, and repair work comparable with Instrument Technician II
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may occasionally be performed in hazardous areas, including but not limited to, sewage sumps, elevated tanks, and high voltage equipment
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds