Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Instrument Technician I
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: No certifications required
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision by the Electrician Supervisor, the Instrument Technician I is a journey level position. This position will perform semi-skilled and skilled level work in the installation, servicing, and repair of electronic and pneumatic instruments and instrument systems.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $27.38 to $38.66 based off of experience + Benefits
- Conduct preventative maintenance, calibration and testing program to carry out a continuous program of instrument inspection and maintenance to preclude equipment failure and related process control problems
- Repair, correct, and adjust equipment to ensure it meets predetermined standards of operating efficiency
- Review work orders, blueprints, shop drawings, and maintenance schedules with supervisory personnel as necessary; this will often be related to specific maintenance and repair projects
- Plan tool and work sequences necessary for maintenance activities; coordinate plans with assigned personnel to assure mutual understanding about goals, methods, and safety standards
- Assist in design and construction of new equipment or modification of existing electronic systems
- Maintain inventory of tools, records, parts, and other material necessary for preventative maintenance of equipment
- Provide instruction to operations and maintenance personnel to ensure better understanding of equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of one years of experience in installation, maintenance, and repair work comparable with Instrument Technician Trainee
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may occasionally be performed in hazardous areas, including but not limited to, sewage sumps, elevated tanks, and high voltage equipment
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds