Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
LOCATION: Southern California
POSITION: Heavy Equipment Operator
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Position requires a Class A License with Hazardous Materials, Air Brake Certification, and Tank Endorsement
JOB SUMMARY: The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for performing skilled level heavy equipment operator duties. The Heavy Equipment Operator is distinguished from the Senior Heavy Equipment Operator, which has occasional lead responsibility and the ability to operate most, if not all, heavy equipment at FHQ.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: $35 to $38 Depending on Experience
- Operate bulldozers; while operating will be required to build dikes and levees, make roads or pads, level rivers, clean silt from banks, reshape slopes, and push material
- Operate graders; while operating will be required to make roads, level or smooth roads, and to perform weed abatement
- Operate rubber tire loaders and/or dump trucks; while operating will be required to load trucks, fill sand plant hoppers, and haul materials
- Operate backhoes; while operating will be required to dig holes or trenches, clean trash racks, load and unload trucks, set pipes and pumps, and to move or place rock or dirt
- Operate heavy equipment scrapers; while operating will be required to clean silt from percolation basis, holding ponds, cut roads, and to haul material from place to place
- Operate forklifts; while operating will be required to load and unload trucks and to move items from place to place
- Operate excavator; while operating will be required to dig holes and trenches, removes material from ponds and channels.
- Operate water truck; while operating will be required to spray roads and levees; to water newly planted vegetation.
- Operate mowing equipment; while operating will be required to mow roads, levees, and slopes.
- Assist in hauling heavy equipment from one location to another by loading and unloading equipment onto trucks, chaining equipment down, and acting as a pilot car or driving a low-bed semi
- Perform a variety of hand work including but not limited to, digging trenches by hand, turning valves, sweeping, weed whacking, painting, fish clean-up, washing trucks, etc.
- Maintain used equipment
- Maintain driver’s log
- Interact effectively with others in the workplace
- Follow all workplace and job safety rules and policies
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum two years of experience related to the operation of heavy equipment
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.