Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Central Valley
POSITION: Assistant Water Cross Connection Control Specialist
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade 1 Water Distribution Operator Certificate (D1) issued by the SWRCB; CA-NV AWWA Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification; CA-NV AWWA Cross Connection Control Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction by the Cross Connection Control Specialist, the Assistant Water Cross Connection Control Specialist will conduct field inspections, investigations, and audits to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal rules and regulations.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required.
SALARY: Ranges from $30.15 to $42.59 based off of experience + Benefits
- Conduct surveys; collect and analyze data, including diagrams of cross connections, to ensure compliance with state and local law
- Inspect valves and fittings, vessels, tanks, and equipment to determine cross connection hazards
- Instruct consumers where to locate and how to install adequate backflow prevention devices
- Educate and explain cross connection control requirements to property owners, managers, contractors, government agencies and the general public
- Perform tests to be sure backflow prevention devices are in proper working condition
- Understand the Cross Connection Control Program and Policies
- Maintain a log of customer contacts and inspections
- Issue written warnings to customers as necessary
- Prepare and maintain records and files, this will include field test data, surveys, cross connection locations, approved backflow assembly inventories, etc.
- Demonstrate various types of backflow prevention devices; train other staff in recognizing cross connection
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbally and written)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum of three years of experience in the water distribution, production, or related field
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds