Are you ready for the next . . .
Prominent threats to utilities such as cyber intrusions and especially extreme weather events are common and increasing. For utilities and their stakeholders, understanding likely impacts from these events is key to protecting your infrastructure, ensuring critical systems are able to function during and after an event, and supporting community resilience.
Our resources can help you become a more resilient utility.
We will work with FEMA in a nationally declared emergency.
An Emergency Response Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is a detailed document that describes organizational functions step by step. In the event that an employee is, for whatever reason, unable to carry out their duties in a crisis situation, another employee should be able to pick up the SOP and carry out those duties by following the instructions the SOP provides.
- Do you have an Emergency Staffing or Mutual Aid Agreement?
- Do you have an emergency response SOP?
- Do your employees know what to do in an emergency?
- Do you have printed guidelines that your safety officer or security manager can follow, that will direct them through the steps necessary following a disaster?
- Could anyone pick up the manual and step into any role necessary to ensure continuity of operations?
If the answer is no, then you need to create an Emergency Response SOP — now.